Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Review: Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick and Snow Day

 So here's my review post on a recent purchase of mine(: For the last year or so, I've kind of steered away from any lip products, whether it be lipstick or lip gloss. But on a recent trip to Sephora, I decided to give Smashbox's Be Legendary lipstick a shot. I guess it was kind of an impulse buy because I just really thought the color was pretty and I didn't put much research into it ahah

Well here are some of the pictures I took of the lipstick^_^


 The color I got was "Posy Pink"
And I believe it is one of the creamy shades from the line.







Really sorry I forgot to take a "before" picture but I want to get
this post up as soon as I can since I haven't posted anything in a while.
I'll make sure I come back and edit this post when I can(:


When I first tried it on, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it wasn't drying at all, which was the problem I had with most lipsticks. A lot of them would just dry up on me in a couple of hours, making me re-apply constantly throughout the day. However, this lipstick was moisturizing and I was very pleased with the color. The one I purchased was one of the cream shades from the line so I think it will be more moisturizing than the matte shades.

There's no plastic/rubber smell to it like some lipsticks have. It smells good but I really don't know how to describe what it does smell like since my nose doesn't really work half the timelol
The price of the lipstick was $20 so a bit pricey compared to drugstore brands. But honestly, I think this purchase was worth it because I've been wearing this lipstick around a lot lately and it really helps to leave my lips smooth and moisturized.

Pros: Nice creamy texture, pigmented, moisturizing, line has a variety of color

Cons: A bit pricey

My overall rating of the product? 5/5

I really love this lipstick and will be back to buy another shade from the collection^_^

What are your thoughts on this lipstick? Have you tried it before? Please let me know in your comments below. I would love to hear them!!


-------------------------------------------------------------------

Snow Day



I really haven't seen snow in a long time so it was nice to see white
outside my window this morning(:




The view from outside my house^_^...let's not be creepy and find out where I live ok??


So how's the weather been for everyone??I'm not sure how it's been anywhere else in the world but in the U.S., I hear it's been pretty bad with some areas around -30 degrees or so(O_O). Still, I hope everyone is fine and well(:

I live in Georgia so the weather doesn't usually get as bad as it is up North but still, yesterday we went through this winter storm and the conditions have been so bad): Watching the news, I see so many cars stranded, and some for more than 15 hours!!I actually had some close friends who got stuck in traffic during the storm so they couldn't make it home for the night. My boyfriend even had to walk home since his car wouldn't make it up an icy hill. I was very fortunately to have made it home last night. My university canceled classes at 1 o'clock, which was when the storm started getting bad, but the problem was that everyone was leaving at that time, including businesses around the metropolitan area.

It took me about 6 hours to get home due to the traffic. Most of the storm happened yesterday but today they are still thousands of people who are stranded or have abandoned their cars on the highway, seeking for shelter from the icy roads.

Now, the temperature was only about 25 degrees so it doesn't really hold up much to what others are experiencing in places that are below zero, but really, this storm was a shock to many because Georgia just doesn't experience this kind of weather often and also, due to some miscalculations, the traffic that resulted from the storm was intensified due to schools and government offices not being closes prior to the storm, leading up to around 1,200 car accidents, many resulting in injuries.

I sincerely hope many will be able to return to their homes and families as soon as possible. You will be in my prayers.

How is the weather for you guys??Are you getting snow too??Also, if you have any funny weather-related stories, please share!!(: 


Thank you so much for reading and I will see you again soon(:


12 comments:

  1. Ohh i really love the packaging of the lipstick, the square shape it reminds me of the NARS lipsticks!! The colour is so pretty and natural too, lucky you didn't give up on trying new lipsticks!!
    And omg you're so luckyy, i've never seen snow before, thats so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!ahah I really like how the packaging was sleek and simple(:
      Really??Well, I guess Australia isn't a snowing kind of place huhlol
      Maybe try to visit a place up north in the winter??Life's too short to
      never experience snow^_^tehe Thank you so much for the comment Fifi!!

      Delete
    2. Hahaha i'll make sure to visit the snow one day! It must be so exciting and the view must be so pretty! ♥ You're so lucky hehe~~

      Delete
  2. Ohh wow the color is really pretty on you. By how the color of the lipstick looked, i thought it was a red instead of a pink, but that's a good surprise! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Evelyn!!^_^ and yea, I'm usually always fooled
      by the color of the lipstick too ahah you just never really know
      what it's going to look like on you until you try itXP

      Delete
  3. Wow, that colour looks really pretty on you! It's the perfect shade between light and dark tones, and compliments any skin-tone. :) I've always wanted to try Smashbox lipsticks, this is such a helpful review, thanks very much! And I'm so jealous of the snow, I wish we have snow in our area, we only have snow at the upper and lower parts of the country. hehe. The photos are really beautiful, they can be desktop wallpapers! =D

    Take care always ~ huugs.xo <3
    www.chriissydollxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Christine!!(: And you're welcome, this was my first time trying out Smashbox lipsticks and it was a really pleasant experience. And yea, the snow was really nice, but it only lasted about 3 days ahah thanks again for the sweet comment^_^

      Delete
  4. wow i hope things will get better there :( on the other note that view is really pretty :) ive never seen actual snow before. btw going to check out this shade in smashbox its a really beautiful color, my first favorite MLBB shade was from smashbox but they discontinued the color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really??I really like the snow, especially when it's nice and fluffylol
      And sorry to hear that they discontinued it, I've only been trying this
      shade but I'm looking to get another one soon(:
      Thank you for the comment Shayne!!^_^

      Delete
  5. This lipstick is such a gorgeous shade on you! Glad you liked it :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete