Saturday, October 12, 2013

Dinner at The Sundial

So hey there again lovelies!!^_^ I really wish I could update more frequently but there's been exams and a lot of craziness going on I haven't had a chance to sit down to even watch dramas o(╥﹏╥)o.
Sighs, but yesterday my family decided to take a step back and enjoy a nice experience at The Sundial restaurant(: It was my first time going there even though my school is also downtown and I see it all the time. But for those who don't know the restaurant, here's what I find interesting about it.

First, it is located at the top of the Westin Peachtree Plaza Hotel, the tallest hotel in the Western Hemisphere. The hotel is 72 stories high so yes, if you're afraid of heights, that might freak you out a bit. The elevator ride up to the restaurant takes about 85 seconds and since it has glass windows, you'll get to see the city as you go. Personally, I found it very fun to be able to see the city view as we went up 723 feet, but again, that might be frightening to some of youO.Olol
  
Secondly, the restaurant..spins. Yes, it spins. The hotel itself does not but only the very top floor does, which is where the restaurant is located. It's not a fast spin so you don't have to worry about your food flying. It's pretty slow since our waitress told us that it takes the restaurant about one hour to make a full revolution. But because of this, it helps you see more of the city lights and just take in all the beauty of the night sky. The restaurant has two floors I believe. We dined on the first floor on the restaurant and the bar was on the second.

Now, let's talk about food. This was a very upscale fancy restaurant so yes the food was highly overpriced and they're fairly small portions, depending what you get. But anyways, I would like to share with you guys some of the dishes we ordered yesterday. Some of my critiques may be harsh but I can't help it, I'm just very passionate about foodlol


For the appetizer, my brother got the "Wild Gulf Shrimp wrapped in Bacon." 
When it came out I was just thinking about how nice it looked, I mean
this is what fancy restaurants do, make their food pretty and small ahah
But as for taste, there was nothing really special about this appetizer.
Still, if you like shrimp and bacon, this would definitely be the plate for you.




For my meal I got the "Seared Scottish Salmon."
I usually really like fish but I sort of disappointed with this dish):
The little bits of bacon were nice with the peas and edamame but I just expected  more from the
salmon because I didn't really get that much flavor out of it and some parts were raw):
But still I ate all of it because I was super hungry. The food took a while to come
out so our starving bellys were left waiting for some time.




My sister got the "Low Country Boil" for her meal.
She said she liked it but it was not at all worth $55.
And for my parent's dishes, they got the same thing as my brother and sister 
so there was no point in me taking 2 pictures of the same thinglol




For dessert, my brother got the "Smoked Chocolate Pâté."




For mine, I got the "Magnolia Buttermilk Tart."
I personally thought that the tart was sort of bland but I really
enjoyed the lemon sorbet(: It looks so cute in the picture.




Lastly, my sister got the "creamy vanilla cheesecake."
All of the desserts were $9 so they weren't as outrageous as the dishes.



I think that The Sundial is best for it's view and atmosphere because from what I could see, the view was the best you could get from Atlanta and the fact that the restaurant revolves only made it much more awesome but the food just left me a bit disappointed. Though it certainly wasn't bad food, there are definitely a lot of other dishes out there that I would've enjoyed much more and at less than half the price. I think I just came in with a lot of expectations for it so it left me a bit bummed. It may have been just been the particular dishes we had that I didn't like so to each their own. The elevator ride down made me feel better^_^


My overall rating??
View: 5/5
Food: 2/5
Service: 4/5

So if you're ever in Atlanta and want to see a great view of it, I would definitely recommend The Sundial, but not if you're looking for spectacular food. If you just want the view, the bar would be my suggestion. If you've ever been, please feel free to tell me about your experience, I would love to hear it^_^





Thank you for reading and I'll see you guys later!! d(°▿°)b



18 comments:

  1. woooow i wanna go here! ill prolly be scared of the high and spinning part of the restaurant :D but i still would love love love to dine in here. so pretty :) i luv ur life :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah yeaa it was very pretty so I would like to see the view again(:
      Thank you Shayne^_^

      Delete
  2. mmmm oh my goodness youre making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm yummy everything looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!!it's sad that they look better than they taste):

      Delete
  4. The food looks so good, but it sucks that the food wasn't great. But omg, that view must be so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it really was sad but the view definitely helped a lot(: ahah
      Thank you for the comment!!

      Delete
  5. Wahh! The food looks really delicious!! If only it tasted amazing like the way it looks!
    The restaurants very pretty though so it makes up for the ordinary tasting food :P
    Hehe~ By the way even though i know you've already received the Liebster award before i still wanted to nominate you because I really do love reading your blog and i hope more people can learn about your blog as well ^_^ Definitely check it out hehe ♥

    http://beautifyinglifee.blogspot.com.au/p/my-awards-ft-liebster.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!!If the food tasted as good as it looks, I'd be in heavenlol
      And thank you so much Fifi!!You are so sweet 〜(^∇^〜)
      I will make sure to check it out^_^

      Delete
  6. ARGGG, supposed to be studying for my tests but the pictures tempted me to sidetrack...
    The shrimp... looks so delicious....
    Making me hungry at 5am in the morning.... T-T

    http://shinesque.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love tempting people with food they can't have ahah It's so evilXP

      Delete
  7. Wow, looks yummy, and the presentation is stunning! *U*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea they made everything look so nicelol
      My favorite picture is the shrimp^_^tehe
      Thank you for the comment Anna!!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the review! It looks like they have an amazing view of the city, but it's a shame that the food doesn't deliver! Everything is presented beautifully.. sucks when you're paying a lot and you're not all that impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and yeah, I probably won't go back for the food
      but maybe for the view since they allow people to go to the top to
      look at the view, but like everything else, you'll have to pay for itlol

      Delete
  9. That salmon looks SO GOOD! Thanks for sharing your evening with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!!ahah Thank you for your compliment(:

      Delete