Saturday, September 28, 2013

Anime Weekend Atlanta

 Hi guys!!So AWA was this weekend and I thought I'd share my first experience with you(: I've never been to any type of convention so I was actually really excited to go  O(≧∇≦)O. A lot of my friends went though I only got to see a few of them.

Truthfully, I don't watch a lot of anime. The last two animes I watched were "Darker than Black" Season 1 and "Sket Dance." They were really good so I would recommend them if any of you are looking for an anime to watch(: Still, my favorite characters of all time are Sesshomaru from Inuyasha and Rurouni Kenshin  ∩(︶▽︶)∩. Other than that....I pretty much know nothing about anime. I rarely ever read manga (please don't kill me if you're a big fan of manga). I think the only manga I ever read was "Fruits Basket."  Anyways, though I stared around clueless most of the time, I got to see a lot of interesting characters. Here are some of the pictures I took yesterday.  (ヘ。ヘ)



Me with Rilakkuma!!
The person underneath the costume was actually a girl and she was very sweet 
though it must've been really hot under the costume  (⊙…⊙ )
I think she was my favorite character of the day ^_^



The event was held at Cobb Galleria Center
but it's also connected to the Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel
so I went from that direction and this is what you'll see when you first walk in from there.
I got there around 2.



 This is the Dealer's Room where you get the merchandise to fill all of your anime-related needs.
There were so many Japanese products there!!
From weapons and costumes to circle lenses and plushies  °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°





It was surprising to see that they also had 2 KPop booths. 
I didn't take a picture of the other one but it's pretty much the same thing.






Pikachu!!!
Now, I really do love pikachu but yesterday I just saw way too many people dressed up as
pikachu. They were pretty much everywhere so my suggestion to any of you guys who want to
dress up next year is, unless you have a dying passion for pikachu, try to avoid dressing up as him
 because there's going to be about 100 other people who also will.






 Me and my friend Joel






 I may not know much about anime but I knew enough to know that
she was from Kingdom Heartslol
I absolutely love her shoes!!Look at how big and comfy they are!!






I seriously had no idea who these guys are but they looked cool.....lol
I think the guy in the puffy white suit next to me was a mascot for an aqua tissue type thing ahah
By the way, have you guys noticed my awesome panda shirt?? (´ ▽`).。o♡



Me with Himeko and Switch from the anime "Sket Dance"
I just finished watching the Anime less than a month ago so I was really excited to see them^_^
By the way, in case you guys know what anime I'm talking about,
Switch's notebook says "Have you seen our leader?"

Little side story. So when I saw them I immediately came rushing after them to ask for
a picture, I was so nervous that when I was telling them how I just finished watching it, 
I accidentally said "drama" instead of "anime"....I'm still mortified ~(>_<~)
I also took a picture with Hei from "Darker than Black" but it came out blurry so it's no good):
But still, seeing characters from the last two animes I watched was pretty exciting^_^tehe



The pikachu shirt has to be my absolute favorite out of all the ones I saw.
Isn't it adorable!?!?!?!?!?
The "call me Zelda one more time" shirt was pretty funny too ahah



Me and my friend Eugene who went as Daft Punk(:



Since this was my first time, I wasn't expecting to get much so this is just what I got this year. 
Plus, a lot of stuff was crazy expensive and this girl ain't got that kind of money yet. 
James got me the earrings(: because come on, panda earrings are right down my alley^_-
But I'll definitely plan better next year and get more stuff to show you guys!!




 Overall, I would say that it was great experience and I had lots of fun!!I think I'll definitely go back next year but probably in costume. I don't know as who yet but with so many options I'll think of something ahah

Have you guys ever gone??Would you like to??If so, who would you like to go as??
Please feel free to tell me in the comments(:

Thank you for reading and I'll see you guys next time!! 。◕‿◕。


10 comments:

  1. I love Cons, so much fun! Thanks for sharing pictures! ^__^ I love those panda earrings too! T^T I have yet to go to an anime/manga con yet, but have been to the local Comic Cons (with the hubby) for a few years in a row now! ^__^ Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah thank you so much Anna^_^
      And that sounds really fun!!
      I haven't been to a comic con but
      I would love the experience(:
      Thank you for the comment!!

      Delete
  2. Really amazing, so much better than the london one XD


    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello miss blair waldorf <3 i really like your headband :) im not a big anime person too but i went to an event like this before and i enjoyed seeing people in costumes. kinda makes me want to wear one too haha. id probably wear one of those sailor moon girls costumes lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Shayne, I actually
      sewed it the night before the convention ahah
      Yea, I was thinking about the sailor moon costumes alsolol
      Sailor Mars is my favorite(: Thank you for the comment!!

      Delete
  4. Ahh! I love looking at anime con. photos ^^ You look super adorable with your red hair ribbon! Your pictures are really nice too... love the way you edit them :D
    Thank you for following! Followed back. Would love to keep staying in touch and looking forward to seeing more posts from you ^^
    seoulstine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!!!!^_^
      And thank you for the follow(:
      And of course we"ll stay in touch!!

      Delete
  5. So pretty as always! I love your outfit, i can see you really love pandas hehe ♥
    Hope you had fun ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Fifi!!^_^
      And yes, I'm very much in love with them ahah

      Delete