Saturday, July 27, 2013

Hairstyles&&Art

So it's been a week since my last postO.O. Not really sure if anythings happened since then to be honest. It was pretty much just writing my paper and studying for my Organic Chemistry lab final and-.-..bleh.

Sighs, well today I went to the High Museum for extra credit for my History class and also decided to try out a new hairstyle. It's more like a low ponytail with a poofy top with a hidden hairband. I think I'll make a hair tutorial video for it later when I have the time but here are some pictures I'd thought I share with you guys(: Tell me what you think.


Since it was just a trial, it's a bit messy, but hopefully I can
fix all of that when I film the hair tutorial video(:

 
This isn't really about the hair, I just liked itlol
Excuse my dresser, I'm too lazy to clean it.



here's a weird face just becauselol


This was my favorite sculpture^_^ Isn't it amazing????!?!?!?!?

The High Museum was very beautiful and it has a very modern feel to it, though it has a lot of antiques. I went by myself and went for about 2 hours so I saw everything at least twice. I was going to leave earlier but it started raining and I didn't have an umbrella so I just took shelter inside. My favorite part was the European art. American art was good, but it didn't capture me as much. My least favorite would have to be contemporary.

"The Girl with the Pearl Earring" exhibit was at the museum so I got a chance to see that as well. It really was a good experience. They didn't let us take pictures at that certain exhibit so no pictures): The exhibit included "The Girl with the Pearl Earring," other great works of Rembrandt and Vermeer, along with some other amazing paintings done by famous Dutch artists. One of my favorite was "Still Life with Roemer and Watch" painting done by  Willem Heda. There are pictures of it online but the actual painting is 1000x more amazing. The pictures don't do it justice. When I looked at it, it was like I could touch everything there. It was really like a moment caught in time in a painting, much like "The Girl with the Pearl Earring."

My favorite sculpture was "The Veiled Rebekah." I mean come on, it looks like she has a very sheer veil on but it's really all stone!!!Ohh man the amount of skill to create such an illusion is just dasdfewkjdk. Looking at it, I still can't believe it. Man, I would not have the patience that these artists have. This must've taken monthsO.O

Now, the reason the contemporary art was my least favorite was because in my opinion, it is nowhere near as great as the art that dates back to before the 19th century. You may not agree with me but I seriously don't get the greatness of splattered paint on a canvas. Some of them looked like a child made them. Apparently I also heard that there was a piece that just showcased a shovel....-.- I didn't stay in that art section too long to find it.

I've had and seen arguments that go somewhere along the lines of someone looking at a painting or sculpture and saying "that's so simple I could do that." And then the other person would say, "well you didn't." Sure, it's true that I didn't, but it's more than likely that I wouldn't want to. I like art pieces that are so mind-blowing that when I see them I would go "Ohh my gosh, I could never do that!!!" When I look at works by Michelangelo and Leonardo da Vinci, I see art as a gift, given to us by the talented. I don't want to call contemporary artists talent-less but I just don't feel the same about their art pieces. Kind of like the one I saw today with strings attached to three cans. It's just not for me.

Well, that was all I did today, other than eat, sleep, and all that good stuff^_^
But it's almost 2 a.m. so I'm gonna go tuck myself in. See you guys later(:



4 comments:

  1. wahh!! Super pretty!!!
    your hair is AMAZING!!
    how did you even do it??? it looks so complicated!!
    check out my blog maybe please?
    http://charrmyn.blogspot.com.au/
    xoxo
    charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahah thank you very much!!
    And yea it looks really complicated
    but it didn't take long.
    The longest part was teasing the top
    of my crazy chewbacca hair>_< ahah

    And sure I'll make sure to drop by!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chewbacca hair? Are you kidding? It looks so sleek and nice! xD Really pretty :) Love the eye makeup too~ LOL I get what you mean xD I'm not one for art in general, but I agree, the older stuff generally strikes me as more impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah yeaa maybe notlolbut my hair is so thick, it gets really frizzy
      and difficult if I don't blow dry it right after a shower>_<
      And I'm glad to hear that someone else feels the same way!!ahah

      Delete